We are so happy to be able to offer Zulugroove at Baile. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this class, Zulugroove is our own spin on African dance. In retrospective, having an African dance class at our studio felt of the utmost importance from the get-go. One of the most important things about what we do at Baile is to embrace current dance workout trends, but also follow our hearts and embrace different dance styles and sounds as a big part of our vision.
African dance instructors are rare in our city and getting this class on our schedule was no easy feat. The woman we had our eyes on, a wonderful woman named Rosie Banchero, was about to become a first-time mother, which made it impossible for us to pursue her right away. Those months waiting for Rosie to be able to teach for us were cruel, which is why when 2014 brought with it both Rosie and African dance to our studio, it goes without saying it, we have been feeling ecstatic!
As yet another Zulugroove anniversary nears, we wanted to share with you a few of the reasons why we are so excited about Rosie and her amazing style. But just know that no matter how amazing we are at articulating, African dance is and will always be something you have to experience for yourself. Who knows? You might fall in love with it.
Without further ado, here are the five big reasons why you should be getting sweaty with us every Tuesday night at 6:00 p.m.:
• The Rosie Banchero factor: Again, African dance instructors are difficult to find in Salt Lake City. Rosie has both; the experience and talent. She has been teaching African dance at the Rose Wagner theater for years. Rosie understands African movement and loves what she does. Down to the amazing drummer contacts Rosie has made over the years, it is undeniable, this amazing woman knows her stuff.
• Zulugroove is Rosie's own creation. This class is Rosie's fresh spin on African movement with a follow-the-leader twist. The result is a sweat-fest that is both fun and very user-friendly.
• Baile Dance Fitness Studio is the only dance studio currently offering Zulugroove
• People who love African dance find that it is everlasting love. It is the magic of music and movement coming together and living in perfect harmony. Fans of African dance can't get enough of it. It is a soulful and utterly wonderful experience unlike any other. Let's face it, before there was Zumba, WerQ, Ballet Barre, Flirty Girl, Nia, Hip Hop Abs, etc., there was African dance.
and last, but certainly not least...
• The element of surprise. Special drummer guests live at our studio once a month. If you have not experienced live music during a dance class, well, let's just say that you are missing out.